This afternoon I am meeting another group of participants in the Self Employment Program at Langara. Since this is a workshop all about social media, it seems fitting to post the workshop agenda and links to resources here on a blog!
Today’s workshop is the first of two workshops. In Social Media 1 we talk about social media’s influence and social media policy as well as best practices. We also look at 4 platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and blogs (multi-platform). Participants create smart goals and then we select two social media platforms to focus on in the second workshop – when we also discuss social media strategy and success measurements (ROI).
Good morning! My name is Tanya Bennett (LinkedIn)
How to get the most out of this workshop.(Slideshare)
During the first of two workshops (Social Media 2 is next week), we talk about social media and…
- -Power: social media’s influence on politics, business, and personal lives
- -Policy: whether it’s written up into a formal document or just a set of personal guidelines, everyone and every business has a social policy – what’s yours?
- -Best Practices: my 5 keys to social media success.
- -Platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Blogs. Who uses them? What for? Regional and national numbers.
- -Goals: what do you want to achieve for your business? SMART goals guide you to the right social media platform(s) for your business.
Social Media – Power and Policy
What does the word social media even mean?
Social Media’s Influence
Social Media Best Practices
- -Content – What Should I Talk About?
- -Tips from Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) and Ryan Holmes (Hootsuite)
Stats for social media use in BC (issuu)
- -Blogging (WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr)
Social Media Goals
- -Smart Goals – A Pinterest Board
What do you want social media to do for your business?