Last week we answered these questions:
1.Where is your target audience? Social media demographics.
2. What social media channels are your competitors/colleagues using? How are they using it? What kinds of content are they creating? How often do they use it?
3. What do you want social media to do for your business? (SMART Goals. Consider how they integrate into your marketing plan for your business and your overall business goals for the upcoming year.)
Here is an overview of what we will cover this week:
1. My top secret tips for success in social media based on my experience.
2. Best practices for specific channels relevant to the businesses in today’s workshop (based on our discoveries last week): Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
3. Social Media Strategy
4. Tools to implement strategy and achieve goals.
Social Media Goals
-Publish blog posts to establish myself as an expert in my field.
-Review/polish personal LinkedIn profile and add photo.
-Create LinkedIn company page once email created at business domain (required to create page).
Connect other social media channels to Twitter so that tweets are sent out with minimal time investment.
Create Facebook group and invite past students by October 31.
Facebook Group Basics – How to Set up And Manage a Facebook Group – Lifewire
Facebook Groups 101 – Hootsuite Blog
Explore Opportunities for Line.
-Inform current followers on personal LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook accounts about the launch of business once website is live.
-Create an Instagram business account and a LinkedIn company page once business website is live.