- It’s that time again! This morning, I am running another workshop for participants of Langara’s Continuing Studies Self Employment Program.
- During the first of two workshops (Social Media 2 is next week), we talk about social media and…
- Power: social media’s influence on politics, business, and personal lives
- Policy: whether it’s written up into a formal document or just a set of personal guidelines, everyone and every business has a social policy – what’s yours?
- Goals: what do you want to achieve for your business? SMART goals guide you to the right social media platform(s) for your business.
LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs: My 5 Tips For 4 Popular Platforms
- At the end of the workshop I ask the participants to select two social media platforms which we will focus on the following week. Last time, they selected Facebook and Instagram. The time before that it was Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Instead of a PowerPoint presentation, I expose participants to as many social media platforms as possible during the three hour session (Slideshare, Scribd, Issuu, Youtube, and more).
- I also use specific examples throughout the workshop, including a collection of cautionary tales. This time, I’ve decided to welcome participants to the workshop with this video, not only because it is a social media success story – but also because this song combined with some caffeine is sure to get the day off to a good start!