- Had a great time working with 26 young entrepreneurs at the YMCA’s “Youth Mean Business” program today. So many exciting projects- a very diverse and enthusiastic group!
- Today’s 3- part workshop covered Marketing Basics, Promotion Strategy, and Branding Strategy. A recurring question that came up throughout the workshop was the difficulty in putting yourself on the line in marketing and branding your new business. We discussed how viewing marketing, promotion and branding as something not only necessary but positive can help entrepreneurs feel more confident. Instead of thinking “pushy, fake, or risky,” think: “Communicating your awesomeness to people who could benefit from your great offering!” This was the outline for today’s workshop:
- Participants workshopped the ideas of:
> Customer Value,
> Points of Difference,
> Product Positioning,
- and defining, researching and understanding their Target Market
- Participants examined
> Traditional Promotion Channels
> Accelerating Word of Mouth online and offline
> Social Media Strategies
> (Sales Approach vs Customer Relationship Approach)
- Participants also had time to do some self-reflection on how effective they are at marketing themselves.
- Participants were introduced to the idea of finding a balance between Authenticity and Accessibility in creating a brand concept for their businesses, and had the opportunity to share their progress in creating their business names, logos, and other branding materials.
- Participants will receive additional, personal feedback on their branding materials as part of the YMB program. Looking forward to seeing more about them!